Friday 29 April 2011







(Picture sources: The Mirror, Glamour Magazine, & The BBC)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  Today was the royal wedding of William Prince of Wales and Catherine Middleton (William now entitled Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, and Baron Carrickfergus, And Kate now Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus) although I think I'm just going to stick with Kate and Will... I have never really had much interest in the royals until recently, and to be honest I'm a new found royalist. 

  Kate's wedding dress was in a word: amazing. The team at Alexander McQueen lead by Sarah Burton have really done us proud.  I love the ivory lace bodice underneath the satin corset top with the fountain of skirt, its so simple yet complete utter brilliance.  If I had to pick a wedding dress right now, it would be this one.  Its going down in history.

  The dress that Kate has worn to the evening reception at Buckingham Palace was also designed by Sarah Burton, and is of a similar shape to the actual wedding dress, it even more simplistic but still very beautiful.

GEEZ, that was a long post but I lovelovelove the whole Royal Wedding and Kate Middleton.  Be warned there may just be another post on some of the guests outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment